Open heart surgery in children and what to expect.
Despite the fact that its outcomes are frequently amazing, heart surgery has its risks. The events that can affect the patient include:
The causes for concern when we take a person for open heart surgery are because untoward events can happen, even when we are very careful. What are these situations we need to be aware of?
- Reaction to medicines used in Anesthesia.
- Bleeding after the operation.
- Infection, of the surgical sites.
- Reactions to the any of the medicines used during surgery.
- Arrhythmias (abnormal rhythm of the beating heart).
- Affections to the brain, kidney or liver function.
- Damage to blood vessels and
- Damage to the lungs.
With growing expertise in our specialty of pediatric cardiac surgery, we are seeing more safety. The better long term results and lower costs than ever before are also because of expertise and establishment of safe principles.